Why marine west
Our main area of competence is Project Management in key activities involved in maritime industry, such as Ship design and Shipbuilding (new buildings, conversions, rebuilding).
Recently, together with our Partner Group, we are providing support and services for piping systems, electrical systems and production documentation for design.
We are a small team with solid experience and background from reputable design offices in Norway to shipbuilding yards from Romania and Norway.
Knut Inge Østervold:
Owner of the company with over 35 years’ experience in shipbuilding industry:
- 25 years’ experience in ship design, at Vik-Sandvik
- 12 years as Technical Director
- 10 years’ experience in shipbuilding and maritime consultancy as Owner of the company, managing to, build-up and create Marine West as a reliable partner for any business related actor
- From November 2011 to May 2015 hired by Wartsila Ship Design AS as General Manager Project Management and Project Development Project Manager
- From August 2013 to December 2014 chartered by the Hav Line AS as Technical Project Manager in connection with the development of a 105m Fish Processing Vessel for salmon and trout (cap. approx.. 100t/h)
- From January 2015, Managing Director of Marine Control AS. ISO approved Control Company for fishing vessels and cargo vessels with overall length below 15m.
Over 20 years’ experience in shipbuilding industry:
- 12 years from shipyard in Romania and Serbia:
- Project Manager
- Technical Director
- Deputy Director
- 9 years in shipbuilding consultancy in Norway as project manager and project engineer:
- From 2010, Managing Director of Marine West AS
- From November 2011 to May 2015 hired by Wartsila Ship Design As as Project Execution Project Manager
- Fishing Vessel - Purse Seiner /Trawler built in Fitjar Mekaniske Verksted for Hardhaus AS
- PSV Dual Fuel, built by Hellesøy verft for Siem Offshore AS – 1 vessel
- PSV Dual Fuel, built by Remontowa Shipbuilding SA for Siem Offshore AS – 4 vessels
- From May 2015, Quality Manager of Marine Control AS, NMA approved Control Company for fishing vessels and cargo vessels with overall length below 15 m
- Educated chief engineer and refrigeration / freezing machinist, basis of Trondheim; extensive experience with ventilation, cooling and freezing;
- Until 2004: – chief engineer assistant and chief engineer on various cruise ships for NCL;
- Involved in several new buildings and major rebuilding such as: extension of Cruise ship Dream Ward; major rebuild of SS Norway; rebuilding of Cruise ship Leeward; construction of Cruise ship Royal Viking Queen; construction of oil rig Dyvi Gamma in France;
- From 2004 til 2015 - NMD inspection department, station Oslo:
- inspections and control / certification of all types of vessels include the supervision of the construction of the “Color Magic” in Finland; most vessels toHurtigruten AS under dockings and Color Lines AS - “Color Fantasy” and “Color Magic” (among others);Bastø Fosens AS ferries;
- inspections and reconstructions of cargo ships, fishing vessels, ferries and charter boats in Norway and abroad .
- Extensive experience as an ISM audit manager (shipping offices and vessels);
- Port State Control inspections of foreign flagged and NIS / NOR ships;
- Hull Structure Course – DNV; Audit Managers' Course ISM for maritime activities – QMA; Courses in Maritime Labour Convention, MLC; Specialized Training, Dangerous Cargo, Port State Control Officers;
Harry M. Møgster
We are cooperating with Harry Møgster who has developed a calculation programme in order to assist Yards and Owner with an extensive evaluation of the electrical scope of works and planning.
The program is the basis for an overall budget estimation of the electrical scope of works. The calculation programme is suitable and adjustable to various types of ships, from fishing to off-shore vessels.